At Bumble and bumble.University, hairdressers visit from salons far and wide to hone their craft. Working on real clients (not plastic heads) is essential to their experience. So, we created the Bb.U Model Project, which allows our students to perfect techniques on people like you – and, as an added bonus, the services are completely complimentary.
Please fill out the pre-evaluation form below so we can assess your hair for suitability. If it’s a match for our curriculum, you’ll receive an invite to Model Call in NYC. There, a Bb.U Educator will offer a final consultation for enrollment in the Bb.U Model Project.
Already an approved Model Client? Drop us a line at email@example.com or call 1-866-728-6253 to schedule your next appointment.
All members of Bb.U Model Project can accrue Hairmiles (and redeem them for exclusive rewards) every time they attend a styling session and/or refer a friend to the program.
New York City
At Model Call, potential models are assessed for hair condition, texture, length, etc. While many are able to take part in the Bb.U Model Project, occasionally there are hair types that aren’t a match for the classes we currently offer (please don’t take it personally).
While we’re primarily based in New York, sometimes we hold special classes or events in other cities. If you live outside the metropolitan area and would like to find out about opportunities near you, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
While we guarantee quality services, we’re primarily an educational facility and not a full-service salon. To provide our students (your stylists) with the experience they deserve, it’s essential that all Models abide by our policies.
- Confirmation emails are sent two weeks prior to an appointment. To confirm your place, you must respond to the email.
- If you don’t receive a confirmation email, please contact Bb.U to confirm one week prior to an appointment.
- If you fail to confirm an appointment, your space won’t be guaranteed.
- Any model who fails to arrive to a confirmed appointment without notification is considered a no-show. One no-show will result in disqualification from the Bb.U Model Project.
- Any cancellation within 48 hours of an appointment is considered a late cancellation. Two late cancellations will result in disqualification from the Bb.U Model Project.
- At Bb.U, our curriculum is constantly evolving. Because of this, only active members can book and attend sessions.
- If you haven’t been to Bb.U in the last year, you can reactivate your membership by sending at least 2 photos of your hair’s current length and natural texture to email@example.com. Alternatively, you can attend the next Model Call to have your hair reassessed.
Day of Appointment
- It’s very important that you arrive at least 15 minutes before your appointment. Late arrivals may not be guaranteed a space in class.
- If you didn’t confirm your appointment ahead of time, your spot is not guaranteed.
- If you’ve made changes to your hair since booking the service, your spot may not be guaranteed.
- Models must arrive with clean, dry hair. We have the right to remove a model if she/he fails to do so.
- Sessions last approximately two hours.
- Unfortunately, small children and pets aren’t permitted in the salon.
- All models must be at least 18 years of age.
- Models who fail to adhere to our policies may not be allowed to participate in future Bb.U Model Project sessions.
Is it true that I can get a complimentary cut, color and style?
Yes. All qualified Bb.U Models can receive complimentary services from our licensed Network Stylists. Models must be 18 or older.
How do I become a Bb.U Model Client?
To register, you must attend Model Call where we’ll assess your hair for suitability.
Model Call is held about once a month on an invitation-only basis. Anyone interested can sign up by filling out a pre-evaluation form here. If you’re a match, we’ll ask you to send us a photo of your hair, or you’ll receive an invite to the next Model Call for an assessment.
If I cannot attend Model Call, can I still join the program?
Yes. If you cannot attend Model Call, you can email 2-3 clear, current pictures of your hair’s current length and natural texture to firstname.lastname@example.org, along with a list of services you’re interested in. We will do our best to place you in the appropriate classes based on hair type, but keep in mind that without a formal assessment from one of our Bb.Stylists, appointments are not guaranteed.
How do you determine if my hair is suitable for a class at Model Call?
At Model Call, a Bb.Stylist will evaluate your hair’s condition, length and texture to determine if it’s appropriate for our class curriculum and tools. We do our best to ensure that our students can practice techniques on attending models, and that models can receive a style suitable for them.
What are the benefits of being a Bb.U Model?
- Complimentary cuts and styles
- A thorough assessment to ensure that the cut is specifically tailored to your features.
- A chance to receive complimentary color (for suitable clients who have recently received a cut).
What is a complimentary styling session?
These two-hour sessions include: blow dry, ponytail, chignon, double French twist, editorial, and braided services. Unlike our cutting classes (which need three to four months between sessions), models are encouraged to attend as many styling sessions as they’d like. The more you attend our styling sessions, the more Hairmiles you can accrue.
If I don’t attend cutting sessions, can I still attend styling sessions?
Yes – however, models still need to be assessed at Model Call or via email.
Can I just get a trim?
No – all models must be open to some change, which will be agreed upon through the booking process.
Will all haircuts look the same?
No – we teach techniques, not haircuts. Even if you’re booked for a specific haircut (like a graduated bob) it’ll be tailored specifically to you.
After I attend Model Call, how long will I wait for my first appointment?
The wait can vary from a few days to several months.
When will my session take place?
All classes take place Monday through Thursday during daytime hours. We don’t offer weekend or evening appointments.
Who will be cutting my hair?
All stylists who attend our classes are professional, licensed stylists with a minimum of two years’ experience in salons. They’re a part of our Salon Network and come from some of the top salons in the country. These stylists attend Bb.U for advanced training in the most current cutting, coloring and styling techniques.
How can I book an appointment with an apprentice?
The apprentice program operates separately from Bb.U Model Project. Apprentices are responsible for booking their own models, and do not take appointments in advance.
Once I’ve registered and received a complimentary haircut, can I book more cuts without having to attend another Model Call?
Yes, depending on our needs and the content of future classes. However, we recommend that models who want a major change attend another Model Call for a consultation or resend us current photos of his/her hair.
How frequently can I book?
For haircut appointments: approximately every three to four months. For styling appointments: you can attend unlimited sessions as long as your hair remains suitable. For color appointments: we ask that you wait at least three months between appointments.
How do I rebook an appointment?
You can email us at email@example.com for available dates.
I booked my appointment for a date three months from now. Will you remind me closer to the date?
A confirmation email is sent two weeks prior to appointments. To confirm your session, you must respond to this email. Once confirmed, you’ll receive a reminder call the (business) day before your appointment.
If I need to cancel an appointment, can I reschedule?
We’re happy to reschedule you for the next available date. We require 48 hours’ notice for all cancellations.
What does it mean to be a standby model?
You must confirm and attend a session as usual. If a model fails to arrive on time, you’ll be seated instead. If we can’t accommodate you, you’ll receive a travel-sized product of your choice and be booked for the next available appointment.
Do you offer an incentive program?
We’re proud to offer the Hairmiles Frequent Stylers Club. Each time a Model Client attends a styling session or refers a friend to us (new models only) they’ll earn Hairmiles that can be redeemed for exclusive rewards.